For Immediate Release
Tuesday, March 20, 2001
Contact: Duane Fahey
Visual Automation, Inc.
Grand Ledge, MI
Visual Automation, Inc. today announces iLock(TM) Version 3 for Windows® 95/98/Me. This new version of iLock provides several new enhancements as a desktop shell replacement for the purpose of limiting access to applications on the computer.
1) Windows Me support, in addition to 95 and 98.
2) File Open/Save As Tools dialog, to disabled features in Office and Windows Me File Open/Save As dialogs.
3) Word 2000 Tools dialog, to disable menu items and toolbar buttons in Word 2000.
4) Excel 2000 Tools dialog, to disable menu items and toolbar buttons in Excel 2000.
5) Import/Export Tools dialog, to import/export iLock settings to an iLock.ini file, for easily moving configuration from one machine to another.
6) New features added to the Internet Explorer Tools dialog.
7) Single-Click/Double-Click feature added to the iLock tools dialog.
8) Improved the tray icon handling, to support more programs.
9) Slightly changed the user interface, to primarily blue toolbar icons.
10) Icon tooltips now match the actual icons tooltip information, if there are any.
11) New math equation type of password can be coded in, making your own back door.
iLock provides a new way to access Icons - And a way to restrict access
As a shell, iLock replaces the explorer interface, providing an "Explorer like" icon window in it’s place. Each icon or folder may be locked. Access to Windows configuration functions require a password. iLock configuration is focused on locking or unlocking icons and choosing a password.
iLock is ideal for the home, classroom, small business, cyber-cafe, or library
"We've listened to our customers and provided capabilities that they recommended," said Duane Fahey, President of Visual Automation. "We have focused our design efforts on minimal configuration in a classroom setting. Icon configuration is read right from Explorer interface, we just provide the means to lock it down."
Availability and Pricing
iLock is available direct from Visual Automation, Inc. or any of its authorized resellers at an MSRP of $29 USD. A 20 pack license is $200 USD. A K-12 School District or College Campus license is $1,500 USD. Online purchasing is also available for a try-and-buy for 21 days at the iLock web page at http://www.ilock.com.
iLock is designed for Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Me.
About Visual Automation, Inc.
Visual Automation, Inc. is a provider of security software products. Founded in 1994, the privately held company is recognized worldwide as a leader in Windows desktop security. Products include Secure Desktop for Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000; and iLock, a Windows 95/98/Me desktop security solution for home, classroom, and small business.
Secure Desktop and iLock are trademarks of Visual Automation, Inc. Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Screenshot at http://www.ilock.com/img/ss3.gif